Main Forum

Things you Never Thought you'd Say to your Children - Expanded

1 reply
Untagged users
The original thread in my old forums had things that I never expected to say as a parent. I'll be adding more of that but as they've grown older I've discovered that they say things that are just flat out strange or potentially disturbing. So, I'll be adding those things as they come out. I'll open this list with something that my youngest offspring said this afternoon.

My youngest is playing Worms: Total Mayhem on the XBox. From behind me I hear "The Killing Time is Upon Us!" I HAVE to turn around and see what he's doing at this point. He had used the Concrete Donkey and annihilated the other team. I wasn't sure whether to be proud or concerned.
Sumo is the most perfect of sports. It has elegance, ceremony, danger, art, speed, and, most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. It is immaculate, which is why is has remained essentially unchanged for thousands of years. It remains the only thing in the world that I want to see remain static. The only thing I love that loves me back.
Posted Feb 19, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Untagged users
The things that i've had to say that've surprised me this week have been:

1. "Let's not argue over who's Batman at the dinner table"

this was followed shortly after by:

2. "No Flying Kicks at the dinner table!"

I have strange children.
Sumo is the most perfect of sports. It has elegance, ceremony, danger, art, speed, and, most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. It is immaculate, which is why is has remained essentially unchanged for thousands of years. It remains the only thing in the world that I want to see remain static. The only thing I love that loves me back.
Posted Jun 20, 13 · OP
NoticeNotices